If you are raising a grandchild or another relative’s child, you are not alone. Millions of grandparents and other relatives are raising children.
AARP has put together a comprehensive guide to help you through the process. This guide goes over the major topics that grandparents face when they become the primary caregiver of their grandchildren.
- Finding support from friends and your community
- Legal issues that come up with raising grandchildren
- Financial information
- How to find a job and balance work with raising children
- Housing and safety information
- Information on how to care for the health of you and your grandchildren
- Education and child care
- Tips on how to handle the family issues that arise from being the caregiver to your grandchildren
The article serves as a great starting point to guide you through this new chapter in your life and Thomason, Swanson & Zahn is here to assist you further. Our expert team has the knowledge and experience to work with you as you begin this new adventure or if you come to a new crossroad on a journey you’ve begun a long time ago. Give us a call today and get the conversation started.